You can have Assam Prawns using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Assam Prawns
- You need 500 g of medium large prawns.
- It’s of Marinade.
- Prepare 80 g of assam (tamarind) pulp.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s of Wok.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 stalk of daun limau purut (kaffir lime leaves).
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
Assam Prawns instructions
- Wash and marinate prawns for at least 2 hours in fridge..
- Heat oil in wok. Add in prawns and marinade, then sugar and sliced daun limau purut. Add water for a bit of gravy. Fry until fragrant and slightly burnt..
- Serve with rice or fried bee hoon. Also good just on its own..