Steamed Garlic Prawn. As overcooked prawns taste powdery, we definitely wanna avoid that. Combine with the garlic and soy sauce mixture to give it the aroma and slight saltiness this dish needs. A tasty, good-looking dish with little preparation, steamed garlic prawns with vermicelli only takes a few minutes to cook.
Steamed garlic prawns is a quick and simple dish. Due to the simplicity of the dish, you can certainly rely on it as a week night recipe. All you need for this recipe is a whole load of fresh garlic besides. You can cook Steamed Garlic Prawn using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steamed Garlic Prawn
- Prepare 300 gr of prawn, split the back and take out the dirt, keep the head and the skin.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 stalks of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of red chili pepper, thinly sliced diagonally.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger, minced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of seafood soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Chinese cooking wine.
- Prepare to taste of white pepper powder.
Steamed Prawns with Garlic is a very simple homely dish. Chinese restaurants always charge a premium for seafood dishes. Wash prawns thoroughly and leave on shells and heads. In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, garlic, and brandy.
Steamed Garlic Prawn step by step
- Mix the prawn with salt and lime juice. Set aside for 15 minutes..
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together..
- Arrange prawn on a heat resistant plate..
- Pour sauce ingredients on top of the prawn..
- Steam prawn for 8 minutes only in a big preheated pot. Remove from the heat. (Please DO NOT steam the prawn too long. It will make them chewy and not sweet anymore).
- Place sliced green onions and sliced red chili pepper evenly on the prawn..
- Heat sesame oil in a small pan until very hot. Pour sesame oil on the prawn evenly..
- Serve over warm plain porridge or rice. Yum! 😋..
Arrange the prawns on a dish, and cover with the soy sauce mixture. Is there any ingredient that is quite as important as garlic? It is not only nutritious, but adds a wonderful flavour to many recipes, especially this one -Steamed Garlic Prawns. A dish that will remind you of the sea, with its naturally sweet and savoury flavours in the prawns and stock! Come and know the secret behind preserving the.