Filet with Giant Prawn, Pan Sauce and Béarnaise Compound Butter.
You can cook Filet with Giant Prawn, Pan Sauce and Béarnaise Compound Butter using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Filet with Giant Prawn, Pan Sauce and Béarnaise Compound Butter
- You need 2 (6 oz) of filet.
- You need 4 of giant (colossal) prawns (cleaned).
- You need of Béarnaise sauce (see my recipe).
- You need 2 sticks of butter.
- Prepare of Large minced garlic.
- You need of Old bay.
Filet with Giant Prawn, Pan Sauce and Béarnaise Compound Butter step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- For the Béarnaise sauce. I used my leftover Béarnaise sauce that I had in the fridge so it was more firm like a compound butter. I take it out a couple hours ahead of time to reduce the chill but will still have a good firmness to it..
- Is a small pot add the butter, garlic, 2 tap old bay and heat through until it comes together.
- Add a couple tbsp butter to your oven safe pan and heat until bubbly. Add the shrimp in the shells and sear for about a minute a side then add to you poaching liquid and cover on low.
- Season your filets with salt and pepper and in the same pan you seared the shrimp add another tbsp of butter and sear the filets until golden brown on both sides. Add to the oven and cook for about 10 minutes for medium rare.
- Take the filets out of the oven and set aside to rest. At that time add another tbsp of butter and whisk with the juice in the pot to make the pan sauce. Plate the filet. Remove the shrimp shells but not the tail shell and plate around the filet. Pour in some of the pan sauce and add a dollop of cold Béarnaise sauce, sprinkle some dried tarragon and serve..