Turkey chili. Easy Turkey Chili, great for turkey leftovers! With shredded turkey meat, kidney beans, onion, garlic, tomatoes and chili. You might not think of chili as an easy weeknight dish, but this turkey version from Pierre Franey will change your mind.
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili – this healthy turkey chili is loaded with beans, veggies, and lean turkey. Just throw in the ingredients, and walk away, and come back to dinner. Turkey chili is loaded with lean ground turkey making it healthier than traditional chili but just as hearty and satisfying. You can cook Turkey chili using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey chili
- Prepare 3 pounds of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 pound of Hot turkey Italian sausage.
- You need 6 of bell peppers.
- Prepare 2 of large onions.
- You need 1 of garlic bulb.
- It’s 3-4 of chili season packages(McCormick's).
- Prepare 32 oz of can dice tomato.
- Prepare 2-3 (16 oz) of can dark kidney beans.
My friend Gina from nursing school, shared this award winning slow cooker chili. Turkey Chili is a healthy, flavorful recipe that's it's easy to throw together and everyone loves it! It's just one of those family friendly dinners that everyone can agree on. This healthy turkey chili is more healthy than a beef chili.
Turkey chili step by step
- Dice bell peppers and onions and place them in a very large pot with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook on medium heat, when green peppers soften up add your garlic. I chop my garlic into small pieces. At the same time in a large skillet or pot, cook ground turkey and turkey Italian sausage until meat is brown..
- Mix your chili season packages to turkey meat. Don't drain the juices from cooked meat..
- Add turkey meat to bell peppers and onions. Add tomatoes and beans. Do not drain the juice from the beans or tomatoes. Stir well and let simmer for 10 minutes..
- Serve it on top of nacho chips with cheese. Or the traditional way inside of a bowl..
Made with low fat ground turkey, chock full of vegetables and low sodium beans, tomatoes and spices. This easy chili can be made on the stove, slow cooker or Instant Pot. Leftovers taste even better the next day for lunch! Crockpot Turkey Chili Tips and Tricks. You can brown your turkey with your onions the night before then literally dump and cook the next day.