Lavender Apple Rhubarb Crisp.
You can have Lavender Apple Rhubarb Crisp using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lavender Apple Rhubarb Crisp
- It’s of Topping.
- You need 1/2 cup of pecan halves or large pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- You need of Fruit.
- Prepare 4 large of Granny Smith apples.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 5 large of rhubarb stalks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried culinary "Provence" lavender.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
Lavender Apple Rhubarb Crisp instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Butter a 13×9 inch baking dish..
- To began making the Topping: place the pecans in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a cup and set aside..
- Place the flour, sugar, and salt in the food processor. Scatter the butter on top. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs..
- To began making the Fruit: peel and core the apples. Cut the apples into 1/2 inch slices (making about 6 cups). Place them in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice and vanilla..
- Cut the rhubarb into 1/4 inch slices (making about 4 cups). Add the rhubarb to the bowl..
- Place the lavender in a spice grinder with 1/4 cup sugar. Pulse until the lavender is finely ground. Transfer into small bowl..
- Stir in the flour, cinnamon, and the rest of the sugar (1/2 cup) into the lavender mixture..
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the fruit and toss to combine..
- Transfer the fruit mixture to the prepared baking dish..
- Sprinkle the dish with the chopped pecans and crumb mixture..
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until fruit is bubbling and the tipping is golden brown..
- Serve warm..