Cactus with Egg (Nopales con Huevo) 10 #mommasrecipes. Nopales con Huevo (Cactus with Eggs) comes together fairly quickly. So, have all your ingredients ready to go. I'm using cactus that already have the thorns removed.
Popular Southern Texas breakfast tacos filled w/ sautéed cactus, scrambled eggs & spices. Another winner from Corpus Christi native Amanda Escamilla of Tex M. Nopales con huevos is a classic Mexican dish made with prickly pear cactus and scrambled eggs. You can cook Cactus with Egg (Nopales con Huevo) 10 #mommasrecipes using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cactus with Egg (Nopales con Huevo) 10 #mommasrecipes
- You need 3 of large nopales washed.
- You need 1/2 of of onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need of little of oil.
Packed with protein and amazing health benefits, it's a nutritious and delicious breakfast you'll love waking up to! Nopal means cactus in Spanish and Nopales is the term for "cactus stem." Nopalitos refers to the pads once they are cut up and prepared for eating. Add eggs and veggies, and wrap in a fresh tortilla for a unique and delicious Mexican breakfast. Once the gelatinous liquid evaporates then add tomatoes and eggs.
Cactus with Egg (Nopales con Huevo) 10 #mommasrecipes step by step
- Wash the cactus well.You have tu cut them the way you want. Put them to cook with onion, garlic, and salt to taste. Add water until the cactus has to cover, no more than that. Put hem on the stove at med heat, for about 25 min..
- After cooking time, you have to turned off, drain the liquid, and reserves. Break the eggs, add salt to taste, whisk, heat a saucepan over the medium heat and a little oil, add the cactus, you can leave the garlic and onion or take it off, it depends on you, in the saucepan, leave them for about 4-5 minutes, until they are not as wet, later add the eggs..
- Moving a little bit so, that they do not stick, salt tests and viola !!!! I prepared them here with a delicious melted mozzarella cheese and a sliced tomato as a garnish..
Serve this dish with warm corn tortillas and top with pico de gallo for a delicious and hearty traditional Mexican breakfast. Watch this video to see how simple it is to make Nopales con Huevo — a classic Mexican dish made with cactus paddles and scrambled eggs. Remove fibrous base of the cactus joint and dice cactus leaves or cut into thin strips. Drain and rinse well under cold water. Heat in a heavy skillet and add nopales plus remaining ingredients except eggs.