Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp. Season the shrimp with the salt and pepper; add to the preheated pan in a single layer. Add the salt, pepper and basil and toss. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, add to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, turning once.
Sprinkle with basil and lemon zest and toss to coat. Fresh shrimp gets cooked in a buttery lemon garlic sauce and gets tossed in fresh parmesan cheese and pasta. It will become a new favorite! You can have Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp
- You need 1 T of evoo.
- Prepare 3/4 pound of lg shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- You need 1/4 t of salt & fresh ground pepper (for seasoning shrimp).
- Prepare 1 pound of spaghetti (i use gf sweet potato noodles).
- Prepare 1/2 t of salt, plus more for the pasta water.
- Prepare 2/3 c of evoo.
- Prepare 2/3 c of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 T of lemon zest(about 1 lg lemon).
- You need 1/2 c of fresh lemon juice (about 2 lg lemons).
- Prepare 1/4 t of ground pepper.
- You need 1 of \3 c chopped fresh basil.
- You need 2 T of capers, she has a process to roast these. I used them raw.
I love cooking shrimp because it cooks up so fast and it is such a crowd pleaser! Combine lemon zest and juice in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Sprinkle in parsley and stir in butter until melted. Add shrimp to the lemon sauce.
Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp instructions
- Season shrimp with s&p. Sautee in oo heated to med. 2-3 mins per side in single layer. Cook until no longer gray and translucent.
- Cook the pasta in the very salted water in very large pot until a la dente or to your liking or follow directions on box. You will save 1 cup of pasta water before you drain.
- Whisk olive oil, parm cheese,.
- Lemon zest and juice in lg bowl, blend. Toss the shrimp and the pasta into sauce and add reserved pasta water 1/4 cup at a time to moisten, and toss to get to desired sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix in basil and capers.
- Sprinkle with extra parm cheese (optional) Mine verses theirs. I think mine looks better.
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the angel hair pasta, and return to a boil. In a large pot, boil water and add pasta. Cook (stirring frequently) until al dente. Add garlic and crushed red pepper, cook until fragrant.