Pizza dough. Jamie Oliver shows you how to make pizza dough at home. An easy and reliable homemade pizza dough recipe is a staple that no budding chef should be without! Anthony Falco of Roberta's in Bushwick, Brooklyn, teaches Sam Sifton how to make restaurant-style pizza dough at home.
Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. I make mine in the food. You can cook Pizza dough using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pizza dough
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 1/3 cups of Warm Water, 110 degrees.
- You need 1 Envelope of Yeast.
Making pizza dough at home couldn't get any easier than with my simple pizza dough recipe. You'll never want to buy or order pizza again. My all-time favorite homemade pizza dough recipe, this recipe has been tried and tested week after week, making the best homemade pizza. My family now likes homemade pizza better than take-out!
Pizza dough step by step
- Add the yeast to warm water and set it aside for about 3 minutes..
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a dough attachment, mix together the flour, salt, sugar and olive oil. Stir the yeast in the water to make sure its all dissolved and add it to the flour mixture..
- With the speed on medium, mix until everything is combined. Reduce the speed to low and mix for 10 minutes..
- Oil 2 bowls with olive oil and set aside. Divide the dough in two pieces and roll into a ball. Place each ball of dough into the oiled bowls, seam side down and brush the tops of the dough with a little oil to stop them from drying out. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of each bowl and place the dough into a warm place. Inside a microwave or an oven (oven turned off) works best..
Homemade pizza dough is way easier to make than you might think. Having a batch of homemade pizza dough on had is one of my superpowers as a mom. Homemade pizza dough is easier thank you think. Our pizza dough recipe is easy, fun, and totally tasty. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch.