Honey Jalepeño Pizza.
You can have Honey Jalepeño Pizza using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey Jalepeño Pizza
- You need of Pizza dough (store bought or homemade) we used this recipe https://www.sugardishme.com/10-minute-pizza-dough/.
- It’s of Pizza sauce, as much or as little as you like (we made our own, but you can buy some pre-made in a jar too!).
- You need 1 cup of torn mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño, sliced and de-seeded (leave seeds in for extra heat).
- It’s of Pepperoni slices, as much or as little as you like.
- Prepare 1 of small handful of fresh basil leaves.
- You need of Sriracha, for drizzling.
- It’s of Honey, for drizzling.
Honey Jalepeño Pizza instructions
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F..
- Start out by making your pizza dough by following the linked recipe to a T. If you are buying pre-made dough, skip this step! (NOTE: we recommend Trader Joes “ready to bake garlic and herb pizza dough” if you live near a Trader Joes! Any kind of pizza dough is just fine though.).
- While your dough is rising for 10 minutes, pull off chunks of mozzarella from your mozzarella ball until you get about 1 cup’s worth and place them in a bowl..
- Next, wash your jalapeño, pat it dry with paper towel and place it on a cutting board. Cut your jalapeño into slices and then de-seed them, using a toothpick to poke out the seeds..
- Remove your fresh basil leaves from the stem and set them aside. Wash and pat them dry if you feel like being sanitary!.
- Don’t forget to get out your pepperoni and shredded cheese as well!.
- After 10-ish minutes have passed, sprinkle some flour down on a clean surface and place your dough ball on the counter. Grab a rolling pin and roll out that dough! (NOTE: We rolled ours out to be about ~1/8-1/4″ thin… so pretty thin. We found that this was the perfect thickness after it was done. It will rise quite a bit, so don’t make it too thick!).
- Place your dough on a greased pizza stone or cast iron pizza pan. (NOTE: If you don’t have a pizza stone or pan, use the back side of a sheet pan! Don’t forget to spray it with non-stick spray. If you need to shape your pizza to be a little more square, go for it!).
- Next, season your crust! (NOTE: We recommend basting it with melted butter or olive oil mixed with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. If you’re using freshly-pressed garlic cloves, don’t overdo it because it has a strong flavor!).
- Now start spooning your pizza sauce onto the dough and spread it around. Add as much or as little as you like..
- Then add your shredded Italian cheese blend, evenly distributing.
- Add the pepperoni next. Again, add as much or as little as you like. Then add the jalapeño slices, then the mozzarella chunks and then finally the basil leaves..
- Place your pizza in the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes, Take your pizza out and see if it’s cooked to your liking. We ended up putting ours back in for 2 more minutes!.
- When you’re happy with your pizza’s done-ness, finish it off with a drizzle of Sriracha across the top, followed by a drizzle of honey..
- Enjoy!! 🙂.