Cottage Pie (Vegan).
You can have Cottage Pie (Vegan) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie (Vegan)
- You need of Onion, finely chopped.
- It’s of Carrots, finely chopped.
- You need of Garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s of tomato purée.
- You need of Chopped tomato (2 cans).
- You need of dried thyme.
- Prepare of Dried red lentils.
- Prepare of Vegetable stock.
- It’s of Potato, mashed.
- It’s of Spring onions.
- It’s of Soya mince (optional).
Cottage Pie (Vegan) step by step
- Heat onions & carrots in a large pan with a small amount of vegetable stock. Cook for 5-10 mins, until softened. Then add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes..
- Stir in tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, thyme, lentils & the remaining vegetable stock, then simmer for 25-30 minutes until the mixture is reduced and creamy. Season to taste..
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 degrees, cook potatoes & mash (Add dairy free spread & dash of almond milk for a creamy tasting mash). Then stir in the spring onion and season to taste..
- Pour the lentil mixture into an ovenproof dish and spread evenly. Top with the mash potato and bake for 15-20 minutes, until crisp and golden..
- Serve with seasonal vegetables..