You can cook Rhubarb Crisp using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Crisp
- It’s 2 cups of brown sugar firmly packed.
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of oats.
- It’s 1 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 8 cups of rhubarb.
- It’s 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 3/4 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
Rhubarb Crisp step by step
- In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, and cinnamon; mix together until crumbly..
- Press half this mixture into a buttered 16" square baking dish, top with sliced rhubarb..
- In a saucepan, combine granulated sugar, cornstarch, the water, and the vanilla..
- Cook together until clear, pour over rhubarb. Do not need to use the whole mixture, the rhubarb releases juice when cooking..
- Top rhubarb with remaining crumb mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 (50 worked well).