Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves. Methi Prawns is an excellent dish made with succulent pieces of prawns and methi cooked together with spices. The tender fenugreek leaves adds more flavor to the dish. Methi Prawns is a very popular curry cooked in the major sub-continental region of India and Pakistan.
Once done, wash the leaves well so that the dirt washes off properly. Place the fenugreek leaves in a plate and dry them using a kitchen towel. Once they dry out completely, place the fenugreek leaves in a microwave-safe bowl. You can cook Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves
- Prepare Half kg of prawns.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 4 of green chillies.
- It’s 3 tbsn of dry fenugreek leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of ginger garlic & chilli paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsn of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsn of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 pinch of garam masala powder.
See great recipes for Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves too! As long as you dry the herbs in an area with plenty of air circulation (to avoid humidity build up and take away any moisture as the leaves dry) you should be fine. Make sure the herbs aren't bunched together, spread them out on a tray so the air can circulate around them. Meaning that one teaspoon, for example, of fresh fenugreek leaves, is going to equal two teaspoons of dried fenugreek leaves.
Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves instructions
- First heat oil, add cumin seeds and onion, saute then add ginger garlic and chilli paste mix well for few seconds add the tomatoes and chilli, now add the turmeric and chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook for 2 mins..
- Then add the prawn and cook till done then add the washed dry fenugreek leaves and mix with prawns..
- This I used(pic1)now add 1 pinch of garam masala and mix..now garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot 😊 #newyoutuber #cookpad.
Carefully add the tomatoes, so the oil doesn't splatter. Methi leaves are easily available during the winter season in India. But here in USA, we get good quality fresh methi leaves in summer through early fall. Though you will find year-around, but not fresh-looking leaves. In that case, I buy the frozen packet of fenugreek leaves.