Rhubarb Crisp. It's quick and easier to make than pie. It's versatile, too, because you can add strawberries in spring or apples in fall. I usually pop it into the oven shortly before we sit down to eat so it's still warm for dessert! —C.
Savor every day of rhubarb season with this simple and perfect Rhubarb Crisp from Delish.com. The buttery oat crumble balances out the tartness of the rhubarb in the most amazing way. Spread crisp topping over entire surface. You can cook Rhubarb Crisp using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Crisp
- Prepare 1 cup of White sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 cup of Rhubarb.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Butter.
- It’s 1 cup of Packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Rolled oats.
Stir until well combined and pour into prepared baking dish. Blend in margarine until all flour is incorporated. This rhubarb crisp recipe is special for two reasons. First, it's a variation on our classic Apple Crisp recipe, a time-tested crisp that's both foolproof and beloved.
Rhubarb Crisp step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl mix white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and rhubarb. place mixture in 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix 1 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, butter and oats. Crumble on top of rhubarb..
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crispy and lightly brown..
Combine flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and melted butter and sprinkle streusel over rhubarb mixture. This strawberry rhubarb crisp is one of the easiest and best desserts I know. It's perfect for a spring night, served warm out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Leftovers are also delicious for breakfast. What You'll Need To Make Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp.