Omerice (Egg over Rice). Tamago gohan (literally "egg rice")—rice mixed with a raw egg—is Japanese comfort food at its simplest. Start with a bowl of hot rice, then break an egg into it. Season it with a little bit of soy sauce, a pinch of salt, and a shake of Aji-no-moto, a Japanese brand of.
In the next installment of Taste Memories with Ivan Orkin, we learn about the most defining food moment in Ivan's life. Tamago (egg) kake (put on top) gohan (rice) is a simple Japanese dish that is typically made at home as an easy breakfast or light meal. A fresh egg is cracked into a bowl of rice, desired seasonings are added, and (optionally). You can have Omerice (Egg over Rice) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Omerice (Egg over Rice)
- It’s 4 of hotdogs.
- It’s 1 of small carrot.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- You need 1/2 TBS of minced garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
- You need 1 TBSP of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 TBSP of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1/2 TBS of sugar.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Oil for cooking.
Remove the chicken, onion, and egg to a bowl using a slotted spoon, leaving only the broth in the pot. Return the broth to a boil over high heat and reduce to a Mix the glaze in with the accumulated juices in the bowl, and toss together well. Over the years, the construction of Omurice has changed a lot from when I was a young child. Way back then, it was simply the chicken Japanese Omurice is a fairly easy dish to make, however, wrapping the egg over the rice can be a little tricky.
Omerice (Egg over Rice) instructions
- Dice all vegetables and hotdogs..
- In a bowl, crack 3 large eggs. Add pinch of salt and pepper. Whip it well. Set aside..
- Put frying pan on high heat. When pan is hot, put some oil, add all of the diced ingredients in and cook until onion is translucent. Make a well, add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Mix well. Add rice. Cook for another 3 minutes. Turn off heat..
- On another burner, put another frying pan on medium low heat. When pan is ready, put enough oil as for an omelette. Pour half of the eggs in. Put half of the stir fried rice in the middle. Wait until the border gets cooked, fold one side in, the ends in, and the last side in. Refer to pictures..
- Cover with a lid. Let it cook for another 2 minutes. When done, turn off heat, put plate on pan (picture). Hold plate with one hand, with the other hand holding the pan, turn the pan over onto the plate..
- And your omerice is rested on the plate. Drizzle with some ketchup. Lunch/dinner is ready..
The easiest way to make over-easy eggs with perfectly set whites and runny yolks. A breakfast of over-easy eggs sounds simple enough, right? Just crack some eggs into a pan and flip 'em over when they're ready. Poached Egg Over Rice: This is a simple meal — poached egg and rice — for all you egg lovers. When fried egg and scrambled eggs get boring, here's something to spice it up.