Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb).
You can have Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb)
- Prepare 1 head of Cauliflower (chopped florets).
- You need 5 clove of Garlic (minced or pressed).
- You need 1/4 cup of Green onions (chopped).
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of Butter (all natural!).
- Prepare 1 medium of Yellow onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sour cream.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Shredded cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sweet pepper (color of choice, diced).
- You need 1/4 cup of Carrots (diced).
- You need 1/4 cup of Broccoli (chopped florets).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Celery (diced).
- You need 1 can of Kernel corn (strained, rinsed).
- You need 1/2 cup of Ham (diced).
- You need 1 lb of Ground turkey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive or coconut oil.
- You need 2 tsp of Rosemary, fresh (minced).
- It’s of Sea salt.
- Prepare of Fresh ground pepper.
Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb) step by step
- Boil cauliflower until very tender. (About 40 minutes on medium heat) They should be so tender, minimal effort is needed to mash them..
- Strain cauliflower. Pat it dry carefully with a paper towel. Get as much moisture out as possible. If not, they become runny!.
- Mash with sour cream, butter, 1/4 cup of cheese, green onions and 2 cloves of garlic. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 400..
- Sauté ham, yellow onion and garlic cloves (3). Caramelize and set aside in a bowl..
- In the same pan as the ham, add oil and cook the ground turkey, salt and pepper. Toss in the veggies except corn. When nearly done, toss in ham, corn and Rosemary. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes,.
- Using a casserole pan (I used a 13×9), spread meat mixture evenly. (I had to strain out some liquid.). Spread the mash directly over the meat mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly on top..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Let cool. Enjoy!.
- Tip – deglaze pan after cooking ham with chicken broth. Adds a deeper flavor!.