You can cook Scotch Eggs using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scotch Eggs
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare Half of pound italian sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fennel.
Scotch Eggs step by step
- Soft boil 3 eggs, about 6 min, cool and set aside..
- Set up a station to bread the Scotch eggs with flour, breadcrumbs, and an egg beaten lightly..
- Form the sausage into thin rough pattys.
- Wrap egg in sausage, wrap it as thinly as you can while covering the egg completely, a thinner layer will cook quicker and won't leave raw spots.(which was the problem I ran into) then dredge in flour, egg, then breadcrumbs..
- Fry turning often to cook all sides. Serve hot..
- Note: if you prefer country sausage to italian it works too, just omit the fennel..