Quick & Easy Spaghetti Bolognese.
You can cook Quick & Easy Spaghetti Bolognese using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick & Easy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey (ground beef is fine).
- Prepare 1 small of yellow onion – finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of carrots – finely chopped (about 1 large).
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic (1 large clove).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 of jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (or about 3 cups prepared homemade).
- It’s 1/2 cup of marsala wine (or 1/2 cup beef broth + 1 tsp white sugar).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Quick & Easy Spaghetti Bolognese step by step
- In a deep sided 10 in. skillet over medium heat brown your ground turkey until no longer pink and little moisture remains, stirring constantly making sure to break up into a fine crumble. About 8 – 10 minutes. Note: If you are using ground beef drain fat when browned and return to skillet..
- Still over medium heat add your chopped onion, chopped carrots and minced garlic to the skillet with meat and cook until onion begins to turn translucent, stirring frequently. About 4 minutes. Add all of your herbs, stir to combine and cook 1 minute more..
- Increase heat to medium high. Add spaghetti sauce and wine (or beef broth mixture), stir to fully incorporate all ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered until sauce has thickened and reduced by almost half. About 15 – 20 minutes. When done, remove bay leaf, adjust salt to taste and serve..
- To serve: While sauce is simmering prepare 8-12oz of spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and let air dry for a couple minutes in strainer. Divide on 4-5 plates equally, top with bolognese equally until it is all used up, then freshly shredded parmesan. Serve with a crisp side salad and enjoy..
- Note: I like biting into the little pieces of carrot and onion for a textural difference, but if you don't want the varying texture you can also roughly chop the carrot and onion then pulse in a food processor until very fine then continue with the recipe steps. This is also an excellent way to sneak veggies in for picky eaters. ;).