Perfect hard boiled eggs. The perfect hard-boiled egg has no green ring around the yolk; the yolk is creamy and mellow; and if you want, you can stop short of the hard-boil and make a gooey soft-boiled egg instead. Do you know how to make perfect boiled eggs every single time? They're great for deviled eggs, egg salad, or just eating plain with a sprinkle of salt.
One of my eggs cracked while boiling. Every once in a while an egg cracks while boiling and may leak some of the interior white and even yolk. The egg is technically still edible as it has been cooked, albeit a slightly different method. You can have Perfect hard boiled eggs using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Perfect hard boiled eggs
- You need 12-16 of eggs.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Ice.
Usually I simply discard these eggs. The classic technique for how to hard-boil eggs. Learn this basic method for making perfect hard-boiled eggs and you'll use it again and again when you make egg salad, deviled eggs, and more. How to Make Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs.
Perfect hard boiled eggs step by step
- Let eggs sit out until room temperature..
- Place eggs in a large pot, making sure they are in a single layer. Fill pot up to 1” above eggs..
- Heat on high until boiling. Boil eggs for 8 minutes..
- Pour out hot water and rinse eggs under cold water, getting them as cool as you can..
- Add eggs to a large bowl and fill with cold water and lots of ice, getting the eggs as cold as possible. Let sit until eggs are cold..
- Pour water out, dry off eggs and place in a dry bowl. Put in fridge until you’re ready to peel..
- All the extra steps in this recipe are to ensure the eggs peel easily and don’t crack while boiling!.
PREPARATION Place eggs in a pot. Once boiling, take off the heat. The secret to a perfect hard-boiled egg? It's all in the timing — plus a few other tricks to keep in mind. Nothing beats a perfectly boiled egg, but short of sacrificing an egg and cracking it open, it can be difficult to know when that egg is perfectly cooked.