Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup.
You can cook Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup
- Prepare 3 C of beef stock, low sodium.
- You need 1 C of water.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of sambal oelek, or 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 1 bottle of clam juice, 8oz.
- Prepare 1 oz of dried shiitake mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 1 piece of ginger, 1" and peeled.
- You need 1 of star anise, (I didn't have one).
- Prepare 1 of # shrimp, large, peeled and deveined.
- You need 4 oz of uncooked rice noodles.
- Prepare 1/2 C of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1/2 C of cut green onions.
- You need 1/4 C of cilantro, fresh.
- You need of Lime wedges, on side if desired.
Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup instructions
- Combine first 11 ingredients in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 12 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes. Remove cinnamon, anise and ginger; discard. Cook noodles according to package; drain. Place 1/2C noodles in each of 4 bowls and top each serving with 1C soup mixture and around 5 shrimp. Sprinkle with even amounts of sprouts, onions, cilantro and basil. Serve. Lime wedges on side if desired..
- Sambal oelek is hot sauce or paste from chile peppers. Substitute star anise with 1/2 tsp chinese 5 spice powder..