Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot.
You can have Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground turkey.
- You need 2 small of green bell pepper (or one large I only had small ones out of the garden).
- You need 2 can of petite diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- You need 1 can of Chilli beans.
- You need 1 can of kidney beans.
- You need 2 can of Tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chilli powder (I used extra spicy from a local organic bulk spice store).
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need of salt for peppers.
- Prepare of seasoning salt for the meat.
- Prepare 3 tsp of olive oil.
Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot instructions
- Chop and sauté peppers in a pan in olive oil with the salt to help the peppers start to sweat and soften.
- Add ground turkey and seasoning salt. fry until meat is done.
- While the meat if frying rinse all the beans really good(yes even the chilli beans. The sauce they put in the cans usually is horrible) and toss them in a crock pot with the drained tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add in Oregano, garlic, chili powder, and cumin and mix it all up.
- When the meat is browned toss the meat and pepper mix in the pot (if you're using ground beef drain the fat if using turkey dump it all in because the meat is lean and any juice you have in the pan will be from the peppers sweating).
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or if you make it in the morning and plan on eating for dinner set it on low 6-8 hours and your done.