Butter Prawn with Salted Egg and Floss Garnishing. These prawns are crunchy, juicy, coated with oats, and crispy strips of egg floss. The aroma of cooking butter prawns We developed this recipe several years ago and featured as the exclusive dish on the menu of our cafe. To cook egg floss: Heat up wok.
Mix prawns with salt, light soy sauce. Probably no because though it looked delicious with the egg floss, I do not think i have ever eaten unshelled prawns cooked in butter. I especially loved the mixture of curry and buttery aroma and smooth texture of the prawns. You can cook Butter Prawn with Salted Egg and Floss Garnishing using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butter Prawn with Salted Egg and Floss Garnishing
- You need 10 pcs of Tiger Prawns.
- You need 2 of chicken egg yolks.
- You need 2 of salted egg yolks (boiled).
- Prepare leaves of Curry.
- Prepare of Birds eye chilli (optional).
- It’s of Evaporated milk.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
However, I do regret of not using fresh curry leaves since I am running. Salted Egg Prawns A truly rich dinner that's ready in minutes! I wanted to prepare dinner for my family, so I used Salted Egg Butter Prawns Recipe adapted from Christine's Recipes. I have read a lot of recipes where they DIY their salted egg.
Butter Prawn with Salted Egg and Floss Garnishing instructions
- Add butter and some oil to wok and create a swirling motion, then add in the egg yolks and continue the swirling until bubble foam appear and brownish color and set aside. Let it cool down and you will have egg yolk floss..
- The prawn you need to Fly Oil or "Fei Yau" for 15 seconds in a wok of hot oil and set aside. You can also coat with crispy powder or flour to the prawn and fry it to make it crspier for dry style. Set the prawn aside..
- Add in butter to wok and stir fry some chilli and curry leaves till aroma, then add in 1/2 can of evaporated milk and continue to stir fry. Stir until the evaporated milk dry, to make dry style or leave some gravy for wet style. Add in the egg floss and salted egg yolk and seasoned with salt and sugar. Finally add in the prawn and mix everything together and serve..
But it was too much of a hassle for me then, so I decided to just go to the supermarket, grab a box of salted duck eggs. The first time I had Salted Egg Crabs in a restaurant, I thought, DOUBLE YUM! And I wondered how that was cooked. The crabs were coated with this luscious sauce made with salted egg and something else, and it was simply divine! Naturally, I had to find out how to cook this so I could cook it at home.