Hearty Turkey Cassoulet.
You can cook Hearty Turkey Cassoulet using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hearty Turkey Cassoulet
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- You need 2 lbs of kielbasa, sliced into 1/2 inch slices.
- You need 2 lbs of ground turkey.
- You need 58 oz of canned crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of sliced celery.
- You need 76 oz of cannellini beans, drained.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 2 of beef boullion cubes.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
Hearty Turkey Cassoulet instructions
- Put carrots in pot. Put enough water in to cover carrots. Bring to a boil. Boil just until crisp-tender; drain well..
- Cook sausage & turkey in a skillet until turkey is cooked. Drain. Reserving drippings..
- In large soup pot, put reserved drippings & oil. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add carrots, celery, & onion powder. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender..
- Stir in sausage, turkey, beans, undrained tomatoes, water, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, salt, & parsley..
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes..
- Remove & discard the bay leaves..
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of soup. Serve..