Shrimp macaroni and cheese. Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese is rich and crazy creamy loaded with juicy, cajun shrimp and buttery panko topping. It's super easy to make but tastes like you're dining at the finest restaurant! How do you make America's favorite Macaroni and Cheese even better?!
Mac and cheese goes upscale in this deliciously cheesy variation. The shrimp gives a unique twist to this popular standard. —Michael Cohen, Los Angeles, California. Stir in cooked shrimp and pasta. You can cook Shrimp macaroni and cheese using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp macaroni and cheese
- You need 1 lb of uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare of Macaroni and cheese.
- It’s 1 lb of cellentani pasta.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 cups of grated extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 cups of grated Monterrey jack cheese.
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
When the shrimp comes out of the oven, toss it on top of the creamy macaroni & cheese, and sprinkle generously with some chopped green onions. Snip the ends off of fresh green beans. Add to cheese sauce along with the shrimp mixture; mix well. Macaroni and cheese is everyone's favorite comfort food.
Shrimp macaroni and cheese step by step
- Cook pasta according to package directions, strain, rinse in cold water, and set aside..
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large (oven proof) iron skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp in an even layer and cook 2-3 minutes, flip over, and continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove shrimp to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into halves. Set aside..
- While shrimp are cooking, preheat oven to 350..
- Keep the drippings in the skillet and melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat, then whisk in the flour. Cook, while stirring for 2 minutes. Turn heat to low then gradually whisk in milk. Whisk in cornstarch and remaining seasoning..
- Simmer, whisking constantly until thickened (but not overly thick). Whisk in cheddar, then Monterrey jack. Add shrimp and pasta and stir until evenly coated..
- Spread pasta into an even layer and top with Parmesan. Whisk Panko with melted butter and evenly sprinkle on top. Bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Turn oven to broil to toast Panko for 3-5 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn..
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving..
Besides being a tasty dish, mac and cheese is extremely versatile; you can make it a main entrée or simple side dish. For a heartier dish with extra protein, add bacon, chicken, or ham, or spice your mac and cheese up with jalapeño peppers or. Here is a copycat recipe for the shrimp macaroni and cheese from Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Unfortunately, we do not have any Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Restaurants in the area, so I have never tried the actual dish. Macaroni and cheese—also called mac 'n' cheese in the US and Canadian English, macaroni cheese in the United Kingdom—is a dish of English origin.