Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. What does strawberry rhubarb pie taste like? Rhubarb loves to be paired with strawberries, and in a pie, they're BFFs. Things like strawberry rhubarb pie, rhubarb crisp, crumble, cake, the whole rhubarb shebang.
Spring is harvest time for both strawberries and rhubarb and there is no better way to celebrate their arrival than to make a. This strawberry rhubarb pie with frozen fruit recipe has become a favorite with us. My husband never liked rhubarb until he tasted this pie.now he asks me to make it often! You can have Strawberry Rhubarb Pie using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- You need of Crust:.
- It’s 2 cups of AP flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2/3 cup of softened unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ice cold water.
- It’s of Filling:.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 3 Tbsp of orange juice.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- It’s 1 cup of strawberries.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
Bake Grandma's Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie recipe from Food Network. A marriage made in pastry heaven, fresh-from-the-patch sweet strawberries and ruby red rhubarb! Empty rhubarb and strawberry mixture into the pie tin, evenly distributing the mixture. Strawberry rhubarb pie just got a lot easier!
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie step by step
- Preheat oven 400°.
- For crust: mix dry ingredients with a pastry blender, add butter and mix til crumbly, add water and mix until just combine (careful not to over mix or crust will be tough). Divide in half, and roll out half on a well floured surface. Place into 9" pie dish..
- Combine all ingredients for filling and pour into bottom crust..
- Roll out remaining dough and top pie. Trim off excess dough about an inch from edge. Tuck and flute edges. Make several slits in top crust for vents..
- Place pie dish on a parchment lined baking sheet in case of bubble-over..
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until top crust is golden. (I made this one for my brother-in-law's birthday, hence the initials lol).
Rhubarb season runs from April through June in the U. S., so celebrate spring with this tart and sweet pie while you can! An excellent pie to make when strawberries and rhubarb are at their peak. The secret to this strawberry-rhubarb pie recipe is vodka! Vodka in the dough hydrates the flour without developing gluten, which creates an especially tender, flaky crust.