Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue. Season shrimp and oysters with blackened seasonings (available in most supermarkets). Blackening or Blackened is a Southern cooking technique used to add flavors to fish, shrimp, chicken and other food. This technique is often used in Cajun cuisine, and invented by chef Paul Prudhomme and described in his cookbook.
The spice mixture sticks to the shrimp and gives it a crusty outside that is loaded with flavor. Blackened shrimp is going to be your new go-to meal, not just for nights when you're super busy and need a quick and easy meal, but anytime you're I use blackening seasoning not just for blackening foods, but for seasoning in general. Use it as a rub for chicken, beef, pork, seafood, basically. You can have Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue
- You need 2 Tablespoons of blackening season.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of Chicken breast.
- It’s 2 dozen of small shrimp (peeled and deveined).
- It’s 4 slices of bacon (chopped).
- It’s 10 ounces of fresh spinach.
- It’s 4 of fresh mushrooms (sliced).
- It’s 2 of whole green onions (chopped).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 cups of Monterey jack cheese.
- You need of Sauce:.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 of small onion (minced).
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shrimp broth or water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white cooking wine.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
View top rated Blackened shrimp recipes with ratings and reviews. Blackened Shrimp with Coconut Cilantro Chutney, Blackened Shrimp Caesar Salad Planted Earth Cafe Blackened Shrimp Pasta – a quick and easy shrimp pasta made with homemade blackened. A rich, creamy fondue, of sour cream, cream cheese, and cream of shrimp soup. Great for dunking chunks of fresh French bread– or topping a bbq'd I added scallops and some shrimp to the fondue as well as some Gouda cheese (just a thick slice) in order to get some cheesy flavor.which we love.
Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue instructions
- Coat chicken breast and shrimp with olive oil and cover with blackened season. In cast iron on medium heat, cook shrimp on each side, around 1-2 minutes. Cook chicken on each side, around 7-10 minutes. Chop chicken and set aside with shrimp..
- Sauce: In saute pan, cook onions with butter until clear. Slowly whisk in flour until well mixed with butter and onions. Add broth, white wine, and cayenne pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add whipping cream and simmer another 5 minutes. Set sauce aside..
- Cook bacon in cast iron skillet. Add spinach, mushrooms, salt and black pepper and cook until soft, around 10 minutes. Remove any excess water if necessary..
- Add chicken and shrimp to mixture in cast iron skillet. Fold sauce and green onions into mixture. Cover with Monterey jack cheese and broil until brown, 5-10 minutes. Serve with garlic toast..
Add cream and remaining Blackened Seasoning. This shrimp fondue recipe contains scallops and halibut. It's delicious, healthy and cooked in a seafood broth. Blackened Shrimp with a homemade Cajun seasoning blend cooked in butter couldn't be any more delicious. The only adjustment you will want to make is to melt all the butter and toss it with the shrimp and spices instead of leaving some for the pan.