All Purpose Meat Sauce.
You can have All Purpose Meat Sauce using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of All Purpose Meat Sauce
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- You need 4 oz of baby portobello mushrooms, diced (optional).
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 (28 oz) of can whole peeled tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (6 oz) of can Italian seasoned tomato paste.
- It’s 1 (6 oz) of can roasted garlic tomato paste.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Chianti red wine (do not substitute).
- It’s 1 T of dried basil.
- It’s 1 T of dried oregano.
- You need 2 t of dried parsley.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1/2 t of fennel seed.
- Prepare 1 t of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 T of sugar.
- You need 2 T of avocado or olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 pound of Italian seasoned ground turkey.
- It’s 1/2 pound of hot or sweet turkey Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 bag of Gardien ground crumbles (optional if vegan/vegetarian).
All Purpose Meat Sauce step by step
- Heat a nonstick pan on a stove over medium heat and add 1 T of the listed oil. Add chopped onions and cook until translucent about 2-3 minutes then add minced garlic and mushrooms, sautee for another minute or so..
- Add can of whole peeled tomatoes to the mixture along with the two cans of tomato paste and mix well in the pan. Once mixed add the Chianti to the mixture along with all of the spices. Stir well and reduce the heat..
- Heat a seperate pan add the other 1 T of oil. Place ground turkey and turkey Italian sausage in the pan. (I remove the turkey Italian sausage from the casing and mix it with the ground turkey). Break it up well and allow it to brown. Don't forget to stir the sauce from time to time in between..
- Once the meat is cooked drain excess oil/liquid and add it to the red sauce. Allow the combination to simmer for as long as you can allow it. (I normally simmer it for 1 to 2 hours but you can use it after a good 30 minutes too)..
- Dont forget to remove the 2 bay leaves.