Homemade Hamburger Helper – Lasagna Style.
You can cook Homemade Hamburger Helper – Lasagna Style using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper – Lasagna Style
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 can (16 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- You need 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each dried basil, dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, sugar.
- It’s 8 oz. of uncooked pasta (small variety).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
Homemade Hamburger Helper – Lasagna Style instructions
- Start by heating the olive oil in a large pot or deep skillet over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onions and cook, stirring often, until they start to soften up, about 3-5 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook just a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned throughout, breaking it up as you cook it. Drain any excess fat if needed. Then stir in the tomato sauce, broth, seasonings and dry pasta. Increase the heat to med-high and allow it to come to a low boil..
- Once at a boil, decrease the heat down to med-low and allow to simmer about 13-15 minutes, or until pasta is fully cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed. Be sure to stir often throughout the cook time..
- Once it's done, remove it from the heat and let it sit for about 3 minutes. Then stir in half of each cheese. Once it's incorporated, top with the additional mozzarella and parmesan cheese, then serve and enjoy!.