Shrimp chowder. Because the chowder is ready in less than four hours, it can be prepared in the afternoon and served to dinner guests that night. Season shrimp all over with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. This light and flavorful chowder is perfect for late spring dinners.
Andrew Zimmern adds depth to his rich seafood chowder by making an easy stock with corn cobs and shrimp shells. Plenty of cream and butter make this. I expected something more creamy for a chowder. You can have Shrimp chowder using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp chowder
- It’s 1 lb of shrimp diced.
- It’s 1 of med potato diced.
- It’s 1/2 of med onion diced.
- You need 4 strips of bacon cooked & crumbled.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need 4 oz of mozzarella diced/ optional.
- It’s 4 oz of shredded cheddar.
- It’s 1 qt of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
I followed all the step (except that I used the soup program on my Vitamix) and used exactly the same. Is there anything more delicious than a thick, creamy chowder with corn and potatoes? Pour shrimp stock into the cream cheese mixture, blending together with a wire whisk until smooth. This shrimp chowder recipe does just that.
Shrimp chowder instructions
- Wash shrimp and remove tail and dice.
- In a 4 QT pot Saute onion in butter in med heat until tender, add shrimp to give it some color(30 seconds) add heavy cream, diced potatoes,salt and pepper and bring to a boil stirring every couple of minutes so the heavy cream won't stick to pot.
- Lower heat to low, add diced mozzarella and simmer until desired consistency, stirring every few minutes..
- Remove from heat and let cool a little. Serve in bowl and top with cheddar and bacon. Enjoy.
Shrimp chowder is the shrimp version of this soup. Chowder probably originated in England or France but made its way to America with early settlers. Easy Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Corn & Shrimp Chowder from Fix It & Forget It New Cookbook Slow Cooker Corn and Shrimp Chowder. Add the soup mix and boiling water; stir with a whisk until the mixture is smooth and well blended (bring to a boil while whisking). Lower the heat to medium, add in the corn and shrimp.