One Pot Chili Mac.
You can cook One Pot Chili Mac using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of One Pot Chili Mac
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 1 of small bell pepper, finely diced.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1 can (16 oz.) of kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each oregano, salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika.
- It’s dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- You need 2 cups of elbow pasta (or other small pasta shape).
- It’s 4 oz. of diced American cheese.
One Pot Chili Mac instructions
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onion and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent. Then add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Add the ground beef. Continue to cook, breaking up the meat as you go, until the meat is cooked through. Drain excess fat, if needed..
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and the multiple seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high and add the broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the pasta. Decrease heat and let it simmer, stirring often, until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has greatly reduced, about 10-14 minutes. After about 8 minutes, stir in the American cheese so that it melts through while the pasta finishes cooking. Once it's done, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit 5-10 minutes, then serve it up with your favorite chili toppings..