Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf).
You can have Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf)
- It’s 500 gm of Prawns.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 of big tomato.
- You need 1 of big onion sliced.
- You need of ginger garlic crushed.
- Prepare of Coconut oil.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of coconut thick milk.
- You need of Pepper Powder.
- Prepare Handful of curry leaves.
- You need Leaf of Plantain.
Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf) step by step
- First in a bowl add the prawns add all spices turmeric,1/2 tsp chilli powder,1/2 tsp Coriander powder,salt to taste, cumin powder,garam masala 1/2 tsp.
- In a pan add coconut oil add little curry leaf and then add prawns and cook half done and remove..
- In same pan add some more oily then add onion sauté well add ginger-garlic crushed cook till raw smell goes. Then add all the dry spices cook while and add tomato cook well..
- Now add the prawns and mix well till all the spices gets into it cook for while it should look thick gravy now add coconut milk and adjust salt. Cook till the milk is drained completely..
- Once done add some more curry leaves and cover and remove from heat. Once it’s cool down a bit Clean the plantain leaf and add the prawns masala to it wrap it really well..
- In a pan add some oil put this plantain leaf in low flame and cook both side till color change and it’s done..