Shepard's Pie (Comfort food done light).
You can cook Shepard's Pie (Comfort food done light) using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepard's Pie (Comfort food done light)
- Prepare 5-6 of red potatoes, pealed and chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 3/4 lb of ground turkey.
- You need 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of low sodium beef broth.
- It’s 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of gravy master.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- You need of Parsley.
- It’s 2 tbs of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of peas.
Shepard's Pie (Comfort food done light) step by step
- Boil potatoes.
- While potatoes are boiling, sautée onion carrot. Slide to one side of skillet and add turkey. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is browned and onions are soft..
- Mash boiled potatoes. Add sour cream, chicken or vegetable broth, egg yolk, salt and pepper. Whip with an electric mixer. Set aside..
- In a small pan melt butter and whisk in flour. Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, gravy master and continue to whisk. Let gravy come to a slow boil. Consistency should be smooth and coat spoon when done. (I usually make extra gravy and serve on the side as well) Add salt and pepper if necessary. (usually isn't).
- Add gravy to the meat and vegetables. Add 1/2 cup of frozen peas. Mix ingredients and pour into a pie dish coated with cooking spray..
- Top mixture with the mashed potatoes. Allow potatoes to fluff up. Do not press down.. So almost small peaks form. Sprinkle paprika (optional).
- Broil on high on the lower rack in oven until masked potatoes stiffen and peaks brown LIGHTLY..
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving..
- Serve with a bitter green. (Lemon parmesean kale pictured above).
- Makes about 6 servings. (More if you are serving little people.) My kids always ask for seconds though!.