Easy Egg Drop Soup.
You can cook Easy Egg Drop Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Egg Drop Soup
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth or stock.
- Prepare 2-3 tbs of cornstarch (based on how thick you like it).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 of green onions – sliced on a bias (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame oil (optional).
Easy Egg Drop Soup instructions
- In a medium sauce pan wisk together chicken broth, cornstarch, ginger, and turmeric. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Stirring frequently. While broth is heating up, wisk eggs together in a separate bowl. Set aside..
- When broth simmers reduce heat to medium low. Slowly begin stirring in a circular motion. As you stir, slowly drizzle in beaten eggs to form into "ribbons". If using green onions, stir in two thirds of the slices immediately after eggs..
- Turn heat to low and let soup sit 2 minutes. Drizzle in sesame oil if using and stir to combine. Dish up and garnish with remaining green onions to serve..
- Note: For thinner egg ribbons continue stirring with the wisk when adding eggs. For thicker ribbons switch to a wooden spoon..