A very healthy and easy to make snack, popular in Maharashtra.
You can cook A very healthy and easy to make snack, popular in Maharashtra using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of A very healthy and easy to make snack, popular in Maharashtra
- You need 1 cup of Rawa/Semolina/suji.
- You need 2 of onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Urad dal.
- It’s 3-4 of green chillies.
- You need leaves of Few curry.
- You need of Green peas and carrots (optional).
- It’s as needed of Oil.
- Prepare as needed of Ghee.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 of lime juice.
- It’s leaves of Coriander.
- You need of Few cashews.
A very healthy and easy to make snack, popular in Maharashtra step by step
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds, Urad dal, green chillies, curry leaves cashews and onions. Saute till onions become pink..
- Now add rawa, salt and roast it well. You get a nice aroma. Drop a spoon of ghee. Mix well.
- When Rawa becomes little brown add 4 cups of water. Ratio of Rawa : water should be 1:4..
- When the water dries, Add sugar and give a nice stir. Cover and cook for sometime..
- Now in a bowl, grease it with ghee and fill the bowl with upma and then turn it over the serving plate. Garnish with coriander leaves, and cashews..