Spaghetti squash with Turkey. These Turkey Taco Spaghetti Squash Boats are my favorite way to eat spaghetti squash! Filled with the most flavorful turkey taco meat, cheese and topped with pico de gallo. This spaghetti squash and turkey meatballs meal can be made on two sheet pans — one pan for the squash and one for the meatballs.
I use spaghetti squash instead of pasta in this dish. The squash adds flavor and topped with the turkey red sauce this is a tasty grain-free meal and gluten-free meal. Spaghetti squash is a low calorie substitute for pasta. You can have Spaghetti squash with Turkey using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti squash with Turkey
- It’s 1 of spaghetti squash.
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- It’s to taste of Season salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of – 1 cup Parmesan cheese (depending on size of squash).
It has a mild nuttiness, but can easily take on the flavors of anything you top it with. Aptly named, spaghetti squash mimics spaghetti as its flesh separates into spaghetti-like strands. In addition, spaghetti squash is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and calcium. The recipe below can be made vegetarian by simply omitting the turkey sausage.
Spaghetti squash with Turkey instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Lightly brush cut sides with olive oil and place cut side down in baking dish..
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. If you can easily pierce the skin of the squash with a knife it's done..
- While squash is baking cook the remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the Parmesan cheese together in a frying pan. And remove from heat..
- Once the squash is done, remove from oven and let it cool..
- Once cooled enough to be able to handle take a fork and scrape the inside out..
- Mix the squash with the meat mixture and add the Parmesan cheese. And return to the baking dish.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts..
- The squash is supposed to be slightly crunchy. Enjoy!.
This spaghetti squash baked ziti is a healthier twist on the classic Italian dish yet still packed with that hearty, comforting and cheesy taste you love. Pasta has and probably always will have my heart when it comes to comfort food. You know that question people love to ask about what your last meal would be? Use fresh, local produce in this recipe where available. Spaghetti Sauce with Turkey Meatballs and Rustic Tomato Sauce Spaghetti.