Sig's Beetroot Delight Salad.
You can have Sig's Beetroot Delight Salad using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Beetroot Delight Salad
- Prepare of salad base.
- Prepare 175 grams of of either fresh cooked or prepacked cooked beetroot . Do not waste the juice , it is needed for the dressing. Do not use the pickled kind..
- It’s 1/2 of pomegranate, but you can use as many seeds as you like and catch the juice for dressing.
- It’s 1 head of sweet, crisp lettuce of choice. Rip the leafs of the stalk and discard stalk.
- You need of dressing.
- You need 1/4 tsp of paprika powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of good pinch of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime, juice only.
- It’s 3 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of runny honey.
- You need 1 of good pinch dried tarragon (optional).
- You need of topping.
- It’s 1/2 of handful of toasted almonds ( slightly dry toasted in frying pan, or bought ).
- You need 1/2 of handful walnut halves.
- You need 100 grams of goats or ewe cheese of choice. I used feta and gorgonzola.
Sig's Beetroot Delight Salad step by step
- Clean lettuce and get as dry as possible. Take the green leafs of the stalk Discard the stalk, arrange the leafs in a salad bowl. Or arrange on lettuce on side plates..
- Top with the chopped beetroot and then the seeds..
- Make the dressing , using up the beetroot and pomegranate juice and all dressing ingredients, mix well.
- Now add the almonds and nuts sprinkle over the top. Then add the crumbled cheese over the top..
- I prefer to eat this salad chilled..