You can have Rhubarb Syrup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Syrup
- It’s 600 g of Rhubarb.
- It’s 300 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 200 ml of Water.
Rhubarb Syrup instructions
- Add the chopped rhubarb, sugar and water to a pot. Give a stir to coat the rhubarb in sugar and then put on a medium heat..
- Keep the lid half on the pot so some steam can escape. Once it starts to simmer, take off the lid completely. Stir occasionally and let it simmer for a further 15 mins..
- Take off the heat and sieve the rhubarb mix into a bowl or jug to remove the pulp from the liquid. Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice and then put the syrup back on the heat for 2 minutes or so, depending how thick you want it. If you don't like vanilla or want a more lemony zing then you can just leave the extract out..
- Transfer to a clean glass bottle using a funnel to stop any spillage. Let the syrup cool to room temperature before storing in the fridge where it will keep for about a month..
- TIP: The leftover rhubarb pulp is great a little compote and can also be used for making puddings or jams..