Sig's Red Onion Soup.
You can cook Sig's Red Onion Soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Red Onion Soup
- It’s 625 grams of red onions.
- You need 3 tbsp of rapeseed oil or a good vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of seasoning like aromat from knorr or other stock powder.
- You need 100 ml of shiraz ( red wine ) or red or black grape juice.
- It’s 75 ml of undiluted apple cordial or juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato puree or 3 tablespoon passata ( tomato juice , Italian style ).
- Prepare 450 of ml or so vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 of good pinch cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of marjoram.
- You need 1 of good pinch pimenton powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of creme fraiche.
- You need 2 of slices of bread of choice for croutons.
- Prepare 1/4 of pointed Italian red pepper.
- Prepare 2 pinch of chopped chives.
Sig's Red Onion Soup step by step
- Peel and finely slice your onions , sauté them for about ten minutes in two tablespoons of oil , stirring all the time..
- Remove two or three tablespoons of the onions set aside . Add the red wine and apple juice and let the onions simmer for about 5 minutes or so. Add the all purpose seasoning powder ( or a little salt if you don't have the powder).
- Then add the tomato puree or passata, season with pimento and cayenne pepper . Add the stock, simmer for a further 5 minutes . Cool slightly so that you can put it into a food processor or blender , puree until smooth.
- Add a little marjoram , the chives and the vanilla sugar ..Roast the set aside onions, thinly sliced pepper and the bread that is cut into small cubes in a pan,serve over a little creme fraiche..