Vietnamese Shrimp & Mung Bean Crepe.
You can cook Vietnamese Shrimp & Mung Bean Crepe using 29 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Shrimp & Mung Bean Crepe
- Prepare of For The Filling:.
- It’s 1 cup of spinach (as you please).
- Prepare 1 cup of nappa cabbage (as you please).
- It’s 1/2 cup of mint or shiso (chopped).
- You need 1 cup of cilantro (chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup of sweet onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup of water chestnuts (quardered).
- It’s 2 cups of mung beans.
- It’s 1-2 of – pound shrimp or prawns.
- Prepare of For The Sauce:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of carrot (grated).
- You need 1/4 cup of daikon radish (grated).
- You need 1/4 cup of green onion (chopped).
- It’s 2-3 of serrano peppers (finely diced optional).
- Prepare of (optional a few sprinkles of dried pepper flakes).
- You need of (optional 2 Tbsp kimchi finely chopped or starter kimchi paste).
- It’s 3 of + Tbsp Mirin (rice wine) (like sake less alcohol more sugar).
- Prepare 3 of + Tbsp soy sauce.
- It’s 6 of + Tbsp fish sauce.
- It’s 3 of limes (squeezed and scooped of all yummy juce sacks parts).
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of warm water.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic (use less if you want less spicy).
- You need of Honey to taste (also thickens).
- It’s of For The Crepe Batter:.
- Prepare 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk or coconut cream.
- It’s 2 cups of white rice flour mixture.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tapioca starch.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green onion.
Vietnamese Shrimp & Mung Bean Crepe step by step
- For the batter, mix all ingredients together, mix well and refrigerate. (consistency should be runny batter, looser than waffle or pancake batter).
- For sauce, mix all ingredients together, should taste tart and sweet with a good solid taste of the sea and a hint of sweet from the honey. Also the rjapanese radish should add to the flavor..
- Heat up on high, some vegetable oil a extra large stick free pan or wok. Add the batter fry until top of batter starts to bubble turn down to half heat and cover for 5-10 minutes. Check to see bottom crisp has been achieved. Turn down low add shrimp, onion and mung beans. TOP should still be kind of sticky. Cover keep cooking on low untill entire crepe can be manipulated and folded over. Crepe should be very nicly crisp..
- Once crepe is folded add to plate with extra herbs like the Napa cabbage and shiso and all others in list not mentioned in last step for filling..