Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker.
You can cook Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 of large bell peppers, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Prepare 3 cups of unsalted chicken or beef broth.
- It’s 2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, smoked paprika, dried basil.
- You need of Cooked rice, for serving (or different grain of your choosing).
Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker step by step
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ground meat and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat if needed..
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the ingredients EXCEPT for the rice. Stir everything well and then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 5-6 hours..
- To serve, stir in some hot, cooked rice (or other grain) into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!.
- You could also stir the rice into the soup and serve it that way, but since we usually have leftovers, I prefer to store the soup and rice separately so the rice doesn't absorb the majority of the liquid..