Aloo Gobi in Slow Cooker (Potato and Cauliflower Curry). Home » Slow Cooker Recipes » Slow Cooker Potato Cauliflower Curry (Aloo Gobi) Recipe. Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, except the chopped coriander. Half cook the cauliflower and potatoes before adding it to the onion-tomato masala.
We always had a jar of this stuff in our fridge growing up. Aloo is Potato and gobi is Cauliflower, so this is a Potatoes & Cauliflower Stir Fry cooked in onion, tomato, along with aromatic spices How to make Aloo Gobi in the Pressure Cooker? I like to use Low Pressure setting for veggies. You can cook Aloo Gobi in Slow Cooker (Potato and Cauliflower Curry) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aloo Gobi in Slow Cooker (Potato and Cauliflower Curry)
- Prepare 2 cups of peeled and diced potatoes.
- It’s 2 cups of cauliflower, cut into florets.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil for coating.
- It’s 1 of tomato, cut into approximately 8 pieces.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil (I used corn oil).
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curry or masala powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 of garlic, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger, peeled and grated.
You will also find that in other veggies I have made in the instant pot. Aloo Gobi or Gobi Aloo – Spiced Potato and Cauliflower is a favorite side with Indian meals. A simple Spiced Vegetable stir fry that is often served with Dals or curries. My mom's version is cooked in a skillet over low medium heat until the cauliflower is just about cooked, often with just toasty.
Aloo Gobi in Slow Cooker (Potato and Cauliflower Curry) step by step
- Coat your slow cooker with oil. I used about 1 tbsp of oil and used a spatula to spread it..
- Line the potatoes first..
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Then spread evenly on top of the potatoes..
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours..
- After three hours have passed, mix them well, and it is ready to be served!.
Aloo Gobi is a very classic Indian dish of potatoes and cauliflower. Add potatoes, cauliflower, and vegetable broth and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and cook, covered, until potatoes and cauliflower are. Aloo gobi is a potato and cauliflower curry recipe originating in the North Indian Punjab region. ("Aloo" is Urdu for potato, while "gobi" means cauliflower.) Considered one of the cornerstone Indian recipes for its simplicity and flexible format, aloo gobi recipes vary from place to place—sometimes. Boil the potatoes in their skins and allow to cool.